Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Brand New Start

A new post for the New Year.
And a new kitty pic


_______________________________

I can't remember if I've ever taken New Years seriously. I've partaken in my fair share of bubbly drinks, noise-makers and stolen kisses; i've also given into the New Year's grumps more than I'd like to admit. Either way, New Year's resolutions have never been my thing, but I feel the turning a new leaf.
Having said that, I realize that today is the ninth day of the new year and I'm a little late with my declarations of new beginnings, but you know what they say...

Anyways, I figure that this blog is as good a place as any to reveal the hopes and goals that I hold for this year. which can really be summed up with this one resolution:

1. Being more active.

It seems that all this past year I had been meaning to do so many things and for some reason or another I never really acted on any of the intentions. This i want to change.
So here is a list (yes, a list within a list) of things I hope to be more active with:
- Blogging >> I came to the realization a couple months ago that I am a REALLY lazy blogger. I loved my tumblr when i first started it, but now, I can't even be bothered with posting on it. I have a Pinterest account and I want to do more with that, but that seemed so silly considering that I hardly utilize my long-form blog.
So here's my idea:
One thoughtfully put-together post each week right here.

- I need to get off my ass more. >> Working in a coffee shop takes alot of physical stamina. You are on your feet for five hours or more, constantly trying (or at the very least looking like you're trying) to find shit to do so the bosses don't fire you.
But it's not exercise and I could use a but more of that in my life. Why? Because working in a coffee shop (or any retail setting really) is stressful, both physically and mentally and I'm a firm believer that regular exercise helps one to cope more with physical and emotion stress.
Not to mention that knitting, while very stress relieving for me, is a very stationary activity that is not doing my butt any favors.

Speaking of knitting...

- Getting more involved with FINE & dandy >> I must admit that my Etsy shop has not been very high on my list of priorities this past year. I sell an item every once in a while and it's great, but i'd like to throw more of myself into selling my knits.
This is a two sided goal: more regular posting on etsy and selling at a craft fair at the end of the year. I need to build a worthy inventory.

There you have it. My New Year's resolutions, well, more like goals, but you get the picture. I have a few others, but they're more personal goals like call my mother more often and get a savings account so I'll spare you the details.

Until next time...



1 comment:

Jeannine said...

All of these sound great Alice! And they sound a lot like my goals, in one way or another. . . especially the exercise one. Good luck!