Sunday, January 30, 2011

Summer In January


80's Skort Jumper

It seems that every year in late January or early February for the past 6 years that i've lived in Oakland there has been 3 days to a week of freaky warm weather.  Just a few weeks ago, it was in the low 40's.  Last week, it was mid 60's, so I decided to partake in winter's little reprieve.
Last Sunday, in the midst of the heat wave, I bought this number at Mercy Vintage on Piedmont Ave: an 80's wrap skort jumper. It was a somewhat uncharacteristically whimsy purchase on my part, but it was only $10.
I threw it on to run some errands and snapped these pics upon my return home.

80's Skort Jumper


80's Skort Jumper

Just to prove that it is indeed (a) skort/skorts - i give you the gratuitous booty shot.


80's Skort Jumper

Now, Winter has returned and I am bundled up in two sweaters next to my pathetic heater with a hot cup of tea watching Annie Lennox videos.  
I will leave you with my favorite.  (Thanks to Teenangster for posting it on her blog.) Until next time.

No comments: